Come on in!

Hi, come on in! I am so glad you decided to stop by! Welcome to my little home on the web. It may not be much, but it's all mine. :-D I am constantly updating and redecorating, so come back often. But for now, scoot that stack of laundry over and have a seat. Can I get you something to drink? Ok, now that you're comfy (just push the cat off you if you don't want him on your lap), sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay.



8.30.2011

"This has taken long enough! Give me some of that patient stuff!"

The title of this post was taken from a song on a cassette tape that I listened to as a little girl.  My parents would often remind me of this song whenever I was losing my patience over something.  The song went a little something like this, "Gotta have it, gotta get it, gotta have it now!  I want it more than ANYTHING!  This has taken long enough! Give me some of that patient stuff!  Just be patient little rabbit!"  It was a cute tape full of other bible songs, and I am sure my parents got tired of me listening to it every once in a while.  It is, however, a good reminder that often we want God to give us what we want RIGHT NOW!
        I have been especially thoughful of this lately as we are in the process of buying a house that is in a short sale.  By the way, whomever came up with that term needs to be shot.  I may have mentioned that before.  Anyway, we were told that although it COULD take up to six months to close, it would probably realistically only take 2-4 months.  Six months apparently is unusual.  So, we signed a 90 day contract for the house we fell in love with.  Now that it has been almost 120 days we are starting to get a little impatient.  We will be meeting with out broker today to discuss our options at this time.  I must admit that I really have not prayed much lately about the house.  In my head I keep thinking, "If it is in God's plan for us to have this house, then the contract will go through".  I am starting to wonder if the delay is due to my forgetting God in this process.  Also, for some odd reason I thought that waiting the 2-4 months would be exhibiting patience.  So I have had to re-think that!  Maybe patience is not necessarily waiting on the Lord for the amount of time you expect, but when you continue waiting on Him past that time.  Just a theory anyway, lol. 
     On another note, I have recently started providing childcare in my home.  So far, it is just my children and one friends' baby.  This has been good for all of us.  My kids have another child to play with, and the little girl gets more interaction with other kids as well.  It has also forced me to become more organized, which is never a bad thing!  I have accepted my new responsibility with a healthy appetite to create a fun, loving, and educational environment.  I spent all of last week researching daycare schedules and came up with one of my own that I think will be beneficial to everyone.  I have also found a pre-school curriculum that I have already begun using.  The children seem to be adapting very well to the schedule, and they are enjoying their "school time" very much!  I am pleased overall, and have considered a future in home daycare.  Here in florida, you must be licenced in order to accept more than 4 children.  So, if I am to take on any more, I will need to take a few classes.  I am in the process at the moment, of creating several menu plans that will be rotated weekly.  We'll see how it goes!!!!






1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear things are taking so long w/ the house. maybe that's not the house God wants for you? idk, but i do hope everything works out and good luck w/ the child care thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for caring enough to share!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..........

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter