Come on in!

Hi, come on in! I am so glad you decided to stop by! Welcome to my little home on the web. It may not be much, but it's all mine. :-D I am constantly updating and redecorating, so come back often. But for now, scoot that stack of laundry over and have a seat. Can I get you something to drink? Ok, now that you're comfy (just push the cat off you if you don't want him on your lap), sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay.



9.03.2010

The End of a Long Day

After writing about my very long day, I wanted to share how it ended.  Some days just keep going on, and on, and you feel like you're living the "Never Ending Story", but this day took a surprising, and welcoming twist. 
So, after my previously mentioned "day out" I brought the kids home and scrounged up some dinner.  I never realized until now how unappealing that word is when used in reference to food....scrounged....hmm.  Anyway, they ate dutifully and I got them ready for bed.  Now usually, Brandonn doesn't get home from school until around 10:30 pm, but on this night, he called me at 7 to announce that he was picking up stuff from the store and would be home shortly.  I screached, and jumped up and down, and threw a tantrum of a different color.  I love going through the whole bedtime routine with him; reading stories to the kids, singing bedtime songs, praying together, covering them up, and kissing them goodnight.  There's nothing like it.  So after he came home we put the two younger ones to bed (they share a room), and took our oldest into his room to put him to bed, and then continued with our evening.  Our oldest little guy has just recently moved to a toddler bed, and we have trouble keeping him in it, and out of the toys, blinds, light switch, etc.  So, periodically, we have to go back in and lay him down again.  I knew he wasn't very tired yet, so we allowed him to play quietly in his room for about an hour, at which point the banging on the walls had begun and must to be stopped.  As I walked in, I noticed the handle to his little vacuum was on the floor instead of being attatched to the toy.  I scolded him gently for "breaking" his vacuum, and told him he must be careful with his toys.  He looked up at me and so innocently exclaimed, "I didn't breaked it.  I just took it off.  I NEVER breaked it!".  He said this with so much conviction of innocence that Brandonn and I had no choice but to laugh.  It's things that like that, that turn a bad day into a great one.  That's what made me want to be a parent, and now that I am one, it's what keeps me sane through the rough days we all experience.  Dory comes to mind occasionally with her, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, what do we do we swim, swim, swim, ha, ha, ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!" attitude. :-D

1 comment:

  1. What a happy ending ... Thanks for sharing it. :) The things that make up life's more golden moments are often so simple, so small - but so very sweet! I have a note sitting on the counter waiting to be mailed to you, by the way (it's been there for a couple weeks, I'm afraid), but we're out of stamps. Lousy excuse. I'll send it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for caring enough to share!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..........

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter